Saturday, January 13, 2018

Marauder Quarrellers

Next up I have finished a unit of Marauder Quarrellers for my Iron Hill Dwarfs. This boost my shooting a lot. Eventually I probably need to add ten more figures though. Getting a proper unit leader, banner and instrument will already add the first 3 models.

Front rank.

Second rank.

Besides painting Dwarf models I have also been building a bit of terrain on the side. Some of it can be seen in the back of some of my earlier posts. But since I just finished a Watchtower I thought I would showcase the buildings on their own too.

A Dwarf Brewery.

Scale with Dwarf.

The "Brewery" looks pretty anonymous so far, but I kind of kept it that way, so it could work out as other things too. I will eventually add a bit more small terrain stuff like wagon wheels, shovels, small clutter, to make it come more alive.

Small town house.


The watchtower.

Door shot.

The tower top.

My terrain is not the best in the world, but I try to learn and improve as I go along. My houses are build out of cardboard, Popsicle sticks and other free and cheap things I can get my hands on. I really try to keep the budget as low as possible on the terrain front.

But then again I really don't mind my terrain is looking like wargaming terrain and not small scale models. It has an old-school charm of its own. 

4 comments:

  1. Man that is brilliant. The tower really looks great. I never would have imagined the top of it ending up that well. Kudos!!!

    Now you just need to keep the spirit and flesh out that village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your terrain has great character. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope to eventually have enough houses to cover a table.

      Delete