I had the best of intentions and was ready to go, but it seems that life had other plans...
2025 ended on a low and as things are now our house is one big mess of boxes on boxes that need sorting out and it has left little to no time and energy for minitures. I have however been slowly painting a bit and dreaming of things to come.
Here is a couple of WIP shots of some of my projects to come (eventually).
And my ever growing Dwarf army. This is to be the Norse contigent of the combined throng of Karak-Skag-Arak.
My plans for the Dwarf army is to make finish each unit with a back story like in the old days. Then I will probably see if I can give them some equipment and runic items that will back up my fluff.
Ideally I would have each unit/attachment with a hero or two to go with them and a warmachine of some kind. But the project seems to be in forever land (like many other projects of mine).


Look at those lovely oldhammer models!!
ReplyDeleteThe Dwarves are especially nice, proper Dwarf models they are.
"My plans for the Dwarf army is to make finish each unit with a back story like in the old days."
This is the way!!
Thanks. Looking back on my blog I noticed that I posted very little about my Dwarf army in the past.
DeleteI actually have hundreds of painted and as many unpainted Dwarfs.
They have seen battles in different systems and been evolving over many years.
So even without having somthing completely finished it might be something I should pull out and post a bit more about.
Hey! Happy to see you again! I hope things go better and you can keep on posting regularly again! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks. I will say things are not really bad here, just overwhelming and time consuming. But I am sure we all been there. :)
DeleteJonas great looking figures and I like the idea of transposing the games to non-western situations. It opens up lots of modelling opportunities.
ReplyDeleteThe great thing about wargaming is that you can spend time thinking about it and planning without having to touch any figures or play any games. I spent quite a few years in that situation where hobby activities were not really possible.
Thanks. The part of World Building can be really fun. As great as all the 'set in stone' settings out there is, there is something special in making up your own setting.
DeleteOne thing I really liked about the first editions of Warhammer and 40K was the freedom and imagination the writers put into it and also allowing us, the gamers, to build on.
My friends and I made an imaginary Warhammer setting in the lands of Nippon, it is a mix with Tolkien and random ideas too. The ruler has fallen and a group of rogue balrogs each make a warband to take control.
I will try to write more about 'Our Nippon Setting' in an upcoming entry.