Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Warhammer 40K 2nd Edition Challenge August 2021

Well blimey, I almost forgot to post my finished Squat Army from the challenge. Of course it is not really finished, but the challenge is over and I managed to paint the models I set out to paint and more.

At the end of the challenge I was a bit run out of energy and it was a bit of a stretch to get finished. Instead of my original planned bonus round entry I had to substitute with the Ogryns (which is OK too, since I already planned to add those to my forces, but it was not what I had wanted to do).

The combined Squat forces of Tauron Mining Company.

I am pretty pleased with the army so far and I look forward to trying it out in some games. My future plans for this is to do some touch ups here and there, change some bits and bops, muscle in the rest of my unpainted Squat models and maybe add a small Imperial Guard allied force at some point.

Ogryns ready to deal out punishment.

I also have a couple of more Ogryns lined up, they are such great fun models to paint and if I am lucky they might also work out on the battle field.

Also to round up I did talk about doing a reworking of a 2nd Edition Squat Codex and I hope to eventually proceed with that. My plans are to generally base it on the Black Codex Army List from the starter set, some from Rogue Trader, some from other fanmade lists. To focus on existing models mostly, so probably not huge changes, but I can again mention the Thermite Drill of course, it will need work and playtesting, I want to make it a bit like drop pod, but it needs to have ram value and I have been speculating on the entry rules, but let's see what happens. Other things will be like the possibility to equip troops with bolters, since a lot of the old model have those.

Anyway, enough ramblings, check out the other finalists at Dr. The Viking's c0wabunga 

And I am already prepping a Genestealer Cult for the 3rd installment of the challenge.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hoooray! What a glorious selection of Squats!

    I must say you really hit the head on the nail on this one. The Squats are very nice army and you have done it credit.

    ReplyDelete