Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Warhammer 40K 2nd Edition Challenge March 2021


For my first entry I chose to go for a lot of infantry. I did this for several reasons, main one being to get a good head start to the challenge, but also build up a backbone for the army up front, to set the paint scheme and theme. So for March I painted Orange Helmet Warrior Squad with a Flamer special weapon and Green Helmet Thunderer Squad with 2 Heavy Bolters and 2 Lascannons, as a bonus I also finished Red Helmet Warrior Squad with another Flamer.

Only Orange and Green was a part of the challenge and accounts for 237pts of 1011pts total, but with the added 77 pts Red Squad I am now at 314pts.

For gaming reasons I have chosen to go "count as" weaponwise with the Squats, so any non standard weapon is a lasgun, for this challenge I took basic cost for all units and only added point cost for heavy and special weapon upgrades, for games unit commanders will probably also be upgraded with weapons and such. Each unit of 5 Squats has been given a special helmet colour coding.

So I am at a whooping start entry of 237pts (314pts with bonus models)/1011pts


Green Squad: Thunderers

Orange Squad: Warriors


Red Squad: Warriors


Go check out the other entries at Dr. The Vikings c0wabunga


4 comments:

  1. Awesome Squats! The red and green really suits them.

    Loving the name tags too! Are they painted on with a brush or penned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have put the name tags with a brush. I usually don't do that for armies, it is something I have been doing for Rogue Trader and skirmish games, but since all these models are like characters on their own and easily can double in Rogue Trader and Necromunda type games I decided to give them all names.

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I saw that many squats in one place, and they look really rather smart! Have a handful primed and ready to paint, I may have to bump them up the priority list a bit now I've been reminded of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Keep your eyes peeled, just in the beginning of next month I will have a new entry ready :)

      Delete