Thursday, January 6, 2022

Warhammer 40K 2nd Edition Challenge January 2022

So I kind of forgot to mention here that I entered the 3rd installment of the 40K 2nd Edition Army Challenge. This time around my brushes will be painting a Genestealer Chaos Cult.

For this month I finished the first Brood Brother Squad, armed with lasguns and led by a Genestealer Hybrid Acolyte and for a HQ model I painted a Cult Icon Bearer. As a bonus I also painted a Cobalt-1 miniature for a corrupt local despot.

The Brood Brothers will act as cannon fodder to protect the important Purestrains and Hybrids when the upheaval Begins. 

It is only buisness.

The story so far: Tef Dupont has managed to proclaim himself Governor to the Eastern Autonomy of Khardishian Prime, by some strange ways of manipulation, bribes and brute force. Along the way he procured the backing of the Khardashian 8th Company. Governor Dupont has set up base in Twin Angels and the Khardashian 8th Company is slowly digging in around the city.

As usual there is a lot more fun 'n games at the source: Oldschool c0wabunga

5 comments:

  1. I really dig the blue......face paint? Or is it the unnatural genetic material of the brood erupting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Back in the days facial tattoos, tribal markings and other was common practice among the Imperial Guard, especially those recruited from gang controlled areas. I guess old fashion die hard in the far reaches.

      Delete
  2. I have a whole load of those plastic guardsmen up in the attic, spent hours gluing and painting them! Nice to see some out and about, and a very nice job of recreating the colours from the original WD cult army!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love these old guys. I am heavily inspired by the old GC army, it is just too classic to ignore ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm rebasing my old models, some of them are definitely form 2nd Edition, some are from even darker times. Good work, I like painting the old models, especially if they are paid for.

    ReplyDelete